Your dream wedding in Guanacaste; the hotel for letting yourselves be pampered in the Caribbean
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Civil Ceremonies: Are performed by a Judge and are legally recognized. Paperwork is required. The newlyweds will receive a legal marriage certificate in Spanish Language.
- Important: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding is performed. As each country has specific requirements, We highly recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you'll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of Vows Ceremonies: Are Blessing Ceremonies performed by a Non-denominational Minister and are not legally recognized. No paper work or witnesses are required. After the ceremony, wedding couple will receive a “symbolic” marriage certificate.
- Important: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Costa Rica perform same-sex symbolic weddings.In order to apply for a renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- At Riu Palace Costa Rica you can choose:
- Beach: Maximum capacity 200 persons
- Terrace: Maximum capacity 200 persons
- IMPORTANT: 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM schedules are not available for the terrace use; private events and ceremonies on the 4th floor terrace can be performed only at 5:00 PM, with background music with maximum duration until 10:00 PM. (Subject to change due weather conditions) Please note that events or ceremonies performed on the outdoors during the months of May 1st until December 15th every year; according to Costa Rican National Weather System; there is a high probability of rain, therefore outdoors events (dinner / reception) are not allowed by hotel policy.
- Garden: Maximum capacity 200 persons