- Legal Wedding Requirements
Getting married in JAMAICA?
Once you go, you know!
Jamaica is surely one of the Caribbean’s most iconic destinations. The scenery offers everything from fish-filled coral reefs and white-sand beaches to breathtaking waterfalls and cloud-shrouded rainforests. The music is infectious, and the people represent one of the most diverse populations in the Caribbean, drawing from African, Chinese, Indian, British and German heritage.
Top reasons for getting married in JAMAICA.
- Legal wedding requirements in JAMAICA, it’s easy to get married in JAMAICA, no blood tests required, just three simple steps.
- It’s private. If you’re looking for a meaningful time away with your special someone and those closest to you, escaping to the island of All Right is the way to go
- It’s a wedding and honeymoon, all in one. Make your dreams come true when you can extend your wedding into an adventurous, romantic and luxurious honeymoon, starting your lives together in pure bliss..
Plan your destination wedding or honeymoon in Jamaica
Tag your destination wedding to be featured on our site #myweddingaway!
JAMAICA Entry requirements
Canadians require a passport to visit JAMAICA, valid period of stay.
Tourist visa not required.
Policy is subject to change and is traveler’s responsibility to check for most up to date requirements.
Hotel Check In and Out times in JAMAICA
Hotels check time is usually 3:00pm
Hotel check out time is usually 11:00am
Medical Emergency contact in JAMAICA
Mount St. John’s Hospital
Banking hours in JAMAICA
Monday – Thursday 8:30am to 2:30pm
Friday – 8:30am to 4:00pm
Currency in JAMAICA
The Jamaican and US dollars are accepted
Credit Cards accepted in JAMAICA
VISA, Amex and MasterCard are accepted
Language in JAMAICA
English and Patois
Tipping in JAMAICA
Some restaurants add a service charge to the bill, General consumption tax of tax of 16.5% is added to all bills.
Sightseeing in JAMAICA
- Dunn’s River Falls
- Mystic Mountain
- Ricks Cafe
- Blue Mountain Coffee Tour
- Luminous Lagoon
- Zip Line
- Bob Marley Museum
- Blue Hole Sunset Cruise
- Bamboo River Rafting
Drinking Water in JAMAICA
Tap water is safe to drink
Most hotels operate on a 110V
Weddings in Jamaica | Tie the Knot in Paradise
Welcome to the island of One Love where we specialise in turning big dreams into romantic realities. Let us help you plan your special time.
Getting married in Jamaica
It’s easy to see the appeal of getting married in a tropical paradise; warm waves, dreamy beaches and sunsets more romantic than you can imagine. You should say I Do in Jamaica. Here’s why:
- It’s private. If you’re looking for a meaningful time away with your special someone and those closest to you, escaping to the island of All Right is the way to go.
- We’re prepared for you. Being one of the most romantic spots on earth means that we know exactly what’s needed to make your dream day, come true.
- It’s a wedding and honeymoon, all in one. Make your dreams come true when you can extend your wedding into an adventurous, romantic and luxurious honeymoon, starting your lives together in pure bliss.
You may be caught up in a whirlwind of love, but there are a few important things you must remember: We couldn’t be more excited to have you share your special day with us, but do plan ahead of time so that everything can be put in place ahead of your special day.
Visitors can be married 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica, providing prior application has been made for a marriage license to the Ministry of Justice. The application must be submitted to:
- Permanent Secretary
- Ministry of Justice
- NCB Towers
- 2 Kensington Crescent
- Kingston 5
Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not require a blood test before getting married. However, the following documentation is required:
- Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
All documents that are not issued in English must be translated by an Official Translator and subsequently certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of residence and by the nearest Jamaican Mission or Honorary Consulate.
The processing fee for the Marriage License is Four Thousand Jamaican Dollars (approximately US$50.00). The marriage license is valid for 3 months and the application is a same day process. For more details about obtaining a marriage license visit: http://moj.gov.jm/services-and-information/marriage-licence
Plan with confidence…
We love the idea of people coming here for one of the best days of their lives. Several resorts will make all arrangements for you. Special wedding packages can include performance of the ceremony, taxes, transportation, wedding cake and flowers. Check ahead as these packages vary; select the options that are important to you. We may be an easy going island but we don’t see why you should compromise on any of your special plans. For more information on getting everything ready for your dream wedding visit : http://www.jamaicabridalguide.com/
In Jamaica, we specialise in turning big dreams into romantic realities. There are several non-denominational marriage officers who can perform ceremonies at a location of your choice. Let us help you plan an enchanting and memorable wedding experience complete with a picturesque backdrop. Whether you've envisioned exchanging vows on a white sand beach, a cliff overlooking turquoise waters or even in an exotic garden, Jamaica is the ideal tropical portal to your 'happily ever after'.