Documentation required to get married in Sint Maarten
1. Birth Certificate-A full length, original birth certificate of both parties.
2. Marriage Search– This is a sworn letter of attestation which states that you never have been married before. This can be obtained from the Vital Statistics Office or the Civil Registry office from the province in which you reside.
3. If divorced - an Original divorce certificate or a final judgment decree must be provided.
4. If widowed - a death certificate is required.
5. Passport copy - Colored copy is preferable
6. Witnesses - Six (6) witnesses are required if marriage is performed outside of the Marriage hall.
- Copies of passports and birth certificates and their profession
- Witnesses must be 18 years and older.
- If Marriage is performed at the Marriage Hall, only two witnesses must be provided.
- Witnesses can be provided by St. Maarten Marry-Me, if none are available from the bridal party
- All documents should be in the possession of the wedding coordinator, no later than two weeks prior to the actual wedding date.
- All Canadian’s documents must have an “Authentication Stamp” from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a “Legalization Stamp” from the Dutch Consulate.
- All United State of America’s documents must have an “Apostille stamp” from the Secretary of State.